In 1902 The Empire Theatre opened on Patrick Street, financed by Lady Desart. It later became The Kilkenny Theatre and then Stallards Theatre. The bar area was the box office and the restaurant and car park was the theatre. The facade and “Box Office” bar is still in the original building and the restaurant & car park was rebuilt in 1999. Zuni opened its doors on 17th February 2000.